Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

I HATE picking paint colors!

I am pretty sure that my least favorite part of decorating is picking the perfect paint color! I always have the idea in mind of what the perfect color will look like, but it is so dang hard to translate that into paint colors that actually exist. So with our bedroom I knew I wanted gray- blue (shocker, i know!) with a little more touch of blue than green since we have blue/gray/green in the rest of the house. Luckily... in my search I found THIS awesome blog- Favorite Paint Colors- it is nothing but the "perfect" paint color in any color scheme you might want! 6 paint samples later... I went with Dolphin Gray by Martha Stewart, thanks to this photo!

Doesn't it look especially beautiful will all my junk everywhere? Hey... I guess that's the glory of a work in progress! Crown molding- check! Paint- check! Maybe one day it will be as beautiful as that nursery above it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Natalie! You are so sweet! Thank you so much for your post and for linking to me. Dolphin Gray is a beautiful color and I'm glad you found a color that you love. Isn't that the best feeling? When you're finished with your room, send me pictures - I would love to feature you.