Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

Little Girl Room Makeover



The boys new bunk beds.

Thanks to some very generous friends we were able to get a wonderful bunk bed set for my boys for free. They are wonderful. Of course they are also the new jungle gym. While the boys adjusted to sleeping together in their new shared space, I got to relish in finally creating a little girl wonderland for my daughter. This is the first time in her short life that she hasn't shared a room with a boy. This monumental occasion called for pink! She wanted a room that was pink and green and I was happy to oblige. We have had fun decorating together. I have a few more ideas for redoing the desk and dresser to tie the room together better but in the meantime she and I have been having fun. This is what we have so far:
This is her room when you enter it. We rearranged things a little to make room for larger furniture pieces. The walls were painted Laura Ashley "Rose" and the trim was painted white.
The bedding I got for a steal at TJ Maxx and she and I both love it. Today she got mad at her brother for coming in to her room with sticky fingers- in case he touched her quilt. The yo-yo bed skirt I made my hand a couple of years ago but it didn't work very well with her old bed. I think it looks great with the new one.
I had some scrapbooking frames left over from another project. So we spray painted them pink, added coordinating scrapbook paper and attached her initials. - It was a great touch and too cute.
I found these shelves at Lowe's on clearance. We both loved them. They are perfect for all of her little knick-knacks.
The curtains I made by hand from a simplicity pattern. The fabric has a delicate little polka-dot pattern and I made the tabs in a coordinating fabric that I had on hand. I love being able to make 4 curtain panels for $30! I think they finished off the space very nicely and softened it up.

The little girl in me definitely came out working in this room. There are still a few things that I would like to do. - But we both love it.

No comments: