Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

Bathroom Wall Decor Projects

I decided to paint and finish remodeling my upstairs bathroom. It was yellow and I had my children hand print blue and red on the walls. Don't ever do that it took me sanding the hand prints down and two coats of primer to cover them up. I still need to finish painting the vanity doors and redo the floor, but we have painted and replaced the light fixture. It is so much more appealing now and brighter.
To go with the beachy cottage look that I love I made a few wall decor items. This mirror I scored at a yard sale for $5. I painted it white and glued shells to cover it. The shells have been collected from several years worth of beach trips and I picked up a few extras at the craft store. It took awhile to finish the project but it gave me the touch of whimsy I was looking for.
My favorite find was these prints. I purchased them off of e-bay for $15 for the set. I bought unfinished wood scrapbooking frames, because I needed a 12x12 size and distressed them. The look works great. I need a few more accessory items like a fun toothbrush holder and a great rug. My husband is also promising to frame the bathroom mirror. These changes should make the finished product great!

No comments: