Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

Nat's kitchen remodel

Here's the kitchen when we first came to look at the place. Basically- I fell in love with this house purely because of this kitchen. I LOVED the white bead board, the tile floor, and the huge vaulted ceilings. What I didn't love so much was the cream colored cabinets, the mauve paint, and the country decor- but I knew all of that could change. This was the first room in the house to go- basically it was my jumping off point for every other room in the house. I must say, I LOVE my kitchen!

Before...

After! The mauve paint was painted over bright red so I knew it would be way too much work to pick a lighter color so I went with chocolate brown, and its a great contrast with the bright white. I love it. We sanded down, primed, and painted all the cubboards and the side door. But like I've said... I love lots of white with punches of color and pattern.

We changed all the hinges and splurged on putting on hardware. But I love that we didn't have to spend much money at all to tranform the entire space. I would love to add molding to the top of the cabinets, better decide how long we really want to stay here first!
Adding a window treatment made such a difference and I was so happy with how it turned out!

No comments: