Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Cardigan re-vamp

Since it's been WAY too long since I posted something new (we came home from a long weekend to water damage all through our house, it has taken over a month to rip it all apart and re-build---more to come soon!)... I thought I'd post a quick little cardigan re-vamp I did thanks to a post I remembered here at Homemade by Jill! I got a cute sweater/cardigan at a big Layers warehouse sale today, (i had no idea it was so similar to jills!) but when I got home- and actually got to try it on in front of a mirror I realized it was totally big, baggy, and not-flattering. So... I took in the sides, chopped off the sleeves, and voila! Problem solved.

This is the shirt inside out just so you can see how to do something similar. I just chopped off the sleeve, cuff, and pin them together, sew around and you're done. If you need to make it smaller just sew inside the original seam a bit. Half way done... lookin much better!
OK it is SO not perfect, and I am not a seamstress, I just pretend to know what I'm doing. But, I like it!
Good thing I got a scarf at the sale too.. since it IS winter, and I just chopped the sleeves off!

2 comments:

Clay and Katy said...

oh i love it...i am totally impressed! it is so cute. i havent been brave enough to try something like that...maybe one day! it looks great with short sleeves!

2sisters said...

So cute!
teri