Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Amanda's family room

I finally got to redo the wall color and a few accessories in the family room. Yeah! The paint color is Behr, Pebble Path. It is sort of a khaki brown and I really like it. It warmed up the space so much.
I think the thing that made the biggest difference was just rearranging the furniture. I even realize what a difference this would make. It turned the fireplace into the focal point it should be and helped the room feel like a put-together room instead of split in half with toys on one side and sofa/TV on the other.
I added pillows I picked up at Big Lots for $5 a piece. I painted the mirror above the mantel white and added a great $50 love seat find from Goodwill. It was in great shape I just didn't like the color. After a good cleaning and a new cover it is great to have more seating. I also added a few pictures around the room in matching frames and new curtains. The curtain panels are 108" they drape on the floor nicely and were only $6 a panel. I love bargains!

The before- not very inviting - blah walls, mix-matched decor. No focal point.

Okay here is my reworked ceiling fan. I spray painted it, replaced the bulb lamps, replaced the pull chords, and this is what I got. One of my neighbors, when I told her that I had redone it, said, it looked like it has always been white. I consider that an accomplishment and I saved myself about $100. The complete family room redo with paint, supplies, new accessories, and refurbing the fan only cost me about $250. Trading Spaces - eat your heart out.

No comments: