Pages

Friday, March 25, 2011

Country drab to flowery fab!

We got our kitchen table and chairs free off of KSL like 5 years ago- and the table has held up but the chairs are HORRIBLE. Standard Windsor chairs but the paint was all coming off, spindles missing, etc. So it has been time for new chairs for a long time! But new chairs can be a fortune! So after showing Paul a quick KSL ad one day- he came home from work with four chairs in his trunk to surprise me. If you ask me- that's way more romantic than roses, any day! :) I haven't been super motivated to work on them though so they've been sitting there forever. I finally tackled the project and lets just say..... you win some, you lose some. They turned out fine- and its definitely an upgrade but it took FOREVER. Sanding, priming, painting, glossing, stapling, stapling, stapling, stapling. Next time- I am just getting the super duper expensive, round pedestal table of my dreams with a set of 8 chairs- but until I get filthy rich to afford that--- this will have to do :)

Saw this chair on KSL--- $12.50- good bones, well built, padded, definitely an upgrade
I think I liked it because the shape of it totally reminded me of this Pottery Barn chair--- The Napolean --- $179.00! I will take 12.50 thank-you, even if it has an ugly heart :)
Thanks to these babies- I got the job done. That two dollar black sprayer is the best investment EVER
So these...
Became these...
Before...
After!
I ordered a different fabric online, but when it arrived I HATED it. Darn it! I didn't want to pay for another fabric so I had to dig through my stuff and use something I already had. This fabric is Pink Zinnia by Alexander Henry. It's a bit juvenile for our kitchen chairs, (would be totally cute in a craft room, kids room, office) but whatever. Just gonna have to make it work! Oh and then I covered them in vinyl because kids and fabric- not a good fit.
Just glad they're DONE!

3 comments:

Deborah March said...

FABULOUS!! Love the fabric...so FUN!

Julie said...

Beautiful
love the fabric you used to cover the seat cushion. Great job.

Julie

The German Girl said...

You did such a great job. I love the outcome.