Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

Living Room Makeover - Finally Done

This is our before. I won't even show you my desk area it was always a mess. The carpet was gross and we wanted color.


So our living room transformation is finally over. I am really happy with it. It compliments the rest of the house better and is much more like me. It is of course hard to grasp dimensions from photos but I thought everyone might still enjoy seeing our hard work finally reach a conclusion. My husband is still working on finishing a little side table and new desk chair for me, but those photos will have to come later. I would love any positive feedback- this was quite a project.
This is the desk that my husband built. He did a great job. It is a nice big work surface and everything I need is close at hand. The filing cabinets underneath have been a nice additional storage touch.
This coffee table was a great craig's list find for $20. It was in rough shape, but sanding it and painting white have made it a really nice piece.
View from inside the room looking out. I am planning to get an over stuffed chair for the corner, but these work for now.
My bookshelf organization project. We will probably paint them white eventually.
I loved decorating these little shelves. This one helps me remember what is most important and to relax about the little stuff.
I moved my slipcoverd couch in here it worked better. I had a lot of fun putting it all together. Of course I am already thinking about what I want to do next.

No comments: